Wednesday 9 September 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1959 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Éric Serra: French musician and composer, son of Claude, songwriter, poet, and cabaret artist; he lost his mother aged 7. From 1981 to 1988, he was Jacques Higelin's bass guitarist.
- Eric Serra: French composer.
- Tom Foley: American baseball player and coach.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?