Friday 18 September 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1959 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Gilles Veissière: French football (soccer) referee, best known for supervising two matches during the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Korea and Japan.
- Ian Arkwright: English footballer.
- Mark Romanek: American director and screenwriter.
- Ryne Sandberg: Spokane, Washington -- Infielder (Chicago Cubs).
- Chip Banks: American athlete, line backer.
- Benjamin Peret: French surrealist author (Born 1899).
- Vanguard 3 is launched into orbit to measure local phenomena related to Earth's atmosphere.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Jan and Dean - Baby Talk
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?