Sunday 20 September 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1959 ?
- Joseph Alessi: American trombonist and educator.
- Joanna Domańska: Polish pianist and educator.
- Meral Okay: Turkish actress producer and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Kaat Tilley: Belgian artist, fashion and interior designer.
- Danny Devos: Belgian artist.
- Lesley Thompson: Toronto, Ontario -- Rower (1992, 96 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Olin Howlin: Actor (Swifty-Circus Boy), dies at 63.
- Beverly Hanson wins LPGA Links Golf Invitation Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
- Jan and Dean - Baby Talk
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 September 1959 and get them!