Sunday 20 September 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1959 ?
- Lesley Thompson: Toronto, Ontario -- Rower (1992, 96 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Danny Devos: Belgian artist.
- Kaat Tilley: Belgian artist, fashion and interior designer.
- Joseph Alessi: American trombonist and educator.
- Joanna Domańska: Polish pianist and educator.
- Meral Okay: Turkish actress producer and screenwriter (d. 2012)
- Olin Howlin: Actor (Swifty-Circus Boy), dies at 63.
- Beverly Hanson wins LPGA Links Golf Invitation Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Jan and Dean - Baby Talk
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?