Saturday 11 September 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
3 Bad Men, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1926 ?
- Eddie Miksis: American baseball player (Born 1926).
- Monique Lange: French writer, editor, and translator, whose works include film scripts, her memoir "Les Cabines de bain" ("The Bathing Huts", 1982), and biographies of Edith Piaf and Cocteau: "Jean Cocteau, prince sans royaume" (1989) and "Histoire de Piaf" (1988).
- Robert Duranton: French wrestler and bodybuilder, elected 'Monsieur France' in 1946, 1948, 1949 and 1950, and 'Monsieur Europe' in 1951.
- Alfred Slote: Author (Love & Tennis, Omega Station).
- Gerrit van Niekerk Viljoen: South African Minister of Legislation.
- Lee Richardson: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Sweet Lorraine, Fly 2, Tiger Warsaw)
- Matsunosuke Onoe: Japanese actor and director (d. 1926).
- 21st Davis Cup: USA beats France in Philadelphia (4-1)
- Spain leaves League of Nation due to Germany joining
- US defeats France for their 7th straight Davis Cup championship.
- Aloha Tower dedicated in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Cherie, I Love You - Ross Gorman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 September 1926 and get them!