Saturday 11 August 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Superbad, directed by Greg Mottola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 11 August 2007 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 August
- A likely meteor shower is reported over Sonora, California.
- A roadside bomb claims the life of the Governor of Ad-Diwaniyah province in Iraq Khalil Jalil Hamza and the provincial police chief Major-General Khalid Hassan. (San-Jose Mercury News)
- An explosion in Pasuruan in the East Java province of Indonesia causes three deaths and another three injuries. (AFP viaNews Limited)
- War in Afghanistan:
- The Taliban attacks Firebase Anaconda in Uruzgan province for the third time in a week suffering casualties. The Taliban also launches unsuccessful attacks in Helmand and Kandahar provinces. (CNN)
- Three by-elections for the Canadian House of Commons will be held for the ridings of Roberval—Lac-Saint-Jean, Saint-Hyacinthe—Bagot and Outremont on September 17. (Globe and Mail)
- The President of Venezuela Hugo Chavez proposes building a gas pipeline between Venezuela and the Caribbean supplying states such as Cuba. (Bloomberg)
- The President of Russia Vladimir Putin states that a new radar station in the village of Lekhtusi near St Petersburg is the first step in a large-scale air defense program. (Reuters)
- New York City is put on high alert after an al Qaeda bomb threat surfaces on Internet.
- Thai insurgents attack several positions held by Thai security forces at Yala Province. (Xinhua via People's Daily)
- United States presidential candidate Mitt Romney wins the Republican Party's Ames Straw Poll in Ames, Iowa. (''The Washington Post'')
- Voters in Sierra Leone go to the polls for the first time since the end of the country's civil war in 2002. (Voice of America)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?