Monday 11 August 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Vicky Cristina Barcelona, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mummy Forensics.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bionic Commando: Rearmed or Bomberman Blast.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 11 August 2008 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 August
- An air strike by the United States kills 25 Taliban militants and 8 civilians in Orūzgān Province in southern Afghanistan. (''The Australian'')
- The United States team wins the 4x100 men's freestyle relay setting a new world record with France and Australia finishing second and third respectively. The top five teams all broke the previous world record and Australia's Eamon Sullivan in the lead-off leg broke the record for 100m. (SI via CNN)
- The Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao in the Philippines are holding elections using for the first-time electronic voting as precedent to the Presidential elections in 2010. (ABS-CBN)
- 2008 South Ossetian War:
- Breakaway republic of Abkhazia launched an attack on Georgian forces in the Kodori Valley, the region of Abkhazia under control of Georgians, where the parallel Tbilisi-backed ampquotGovernment of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia in exileampquot is situated. (Al Jazeera)
- Fearing an air raid, the President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili run for cover during an interview in Gori. (CNN via YouTube)
- Russia is attacking Georgia in a cyberwar. (Ars Technica)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?