Thursday 11 December 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Friedman and Jean-Louis Trintignant.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1930 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Leonard Friedman: Violinist.
- Jean-Louis Trintignant: French actor and director, a film and TV star who made his debut in 1956.
- Chus Lampreave: Spanish actress.
- Friedrich von Bernhardi: German war theorist/historian, dies at age 81.
- Bank of the United States opens in New York City, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?