Thursday 11 December 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1930 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Leonard Friedman: Violinist.
- Jean-Louis Trintignant: French actor and director, a film and TV star who made his debut in 1956.
- Chus Lampreave: Spanish actress.
- Friedrich von Bernhardi: German war theorist/historian, dies at age 81.
- Bank of the United States opens in New York City, New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?