Saturday 11 June 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
Psycho, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1960 ?
- Mehmet Oz: Mehmet Cengiz Oz, also known as Dr. Oz, is a Turkish-American cardiothoracic surgeon, author, and television personality.
- 92nd Belmont: Bill Hartack aboard Celtic Ash wins in 2:29.2
- House packed with wedding celebrants collapses killing 30 (Pakistan)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?