Thursday 30 June 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody's Somebody's Fool by Connie Francis.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1960 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- David Headley: American-Pakistani terrorist.
- Jack McConnell: Scottish educator and politician 3rd First Minister of Scotland.
- Murray Cook: Australian singer (The Wiggles).
- Angela Raiola: Reality Star.
- Randy Ladouceur: Brockville -- NHL defenseman (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Clarence Cameron White: Composer, dies at 79.
- US stops sugar import from Cuba
- Zaire (formerly Belgian Congo) declares independence from Belgium
- Congo gains independence from Belgium.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Dinah Washington - A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?