Friday 11 November 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Hamlet, directed by Svend Gade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1921!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1921 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Maila Nurmi: Petsamo, Finland -- Actress (Vampira).
- Terrel Bell: American sergeant academic and politician 2nd United States Secretary of Education (d. 1996).
- President Harding dedicates Tomb of Unknown Soldier (Arlington Cemetary)
- The Tomb of the Unknowns is dedicated by US President Warren G. Harding at Arlington National Cemetery.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh Buys a Victrola - Cal Stewart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?