Friday 12 February 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Gøngehøvdingen, directed by Carl Alstrup, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1909 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Francis Salet: French historian specializing in art history, especially medieval, who became curator and director of museums, president of the French Archaeological Society and the National Society of Antiquaries of France, director of publications, and Inspector General of French museums.
- Barry Wood: New Haven, Connecticut -- Vocalist (Your Hit Parade).
- Zoran Mušič: Slovene painter and illustrator (d. 2005).
- Sigmund Rascher: German physician (d. 1945).
- Robert Fowler runs world record marathon (2:46:52.6).
- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is founded.
- New Zealand's worst maritime disaster of the 20th century happens when the SS Penguin, an inter-island ferry, sinks and explodes at the entrance to Wellington Harbour.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Right Church, but the Wrong Pew - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Brown Eyes, Good-Bye - Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?