Monday 1 February 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Chandler and Douglas Hall.
Les heures - Épisode 4: Le soir, la nuit, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1909 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Helen Chandler: Charleston, South Carolina -- Actress (Christopher Strong, Dracula).
- Douglas Hall: Governor (Somaliland Protectorate).
- George Beverly Shea: Canadian singer.
- George Shea: Canadian-American singer-songwriter (d. 2013).
- US Assay Office in Salt Lake City, Utah opens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Alabam' - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- No News, Or What Killed the Dog - Nat Wills
- Honey Lou - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Arthur Pryor's Band - National Emblem March
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?