Tuesday 12 March 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1912 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Kylie Tennant novelist (Battlers: Lost Haven).
- James McKay: lord provost of Edinburgh.
- Karl Brecht: Germany Scientist.
- Irving Layton: Romanian-Canadian poet and academic (d. 2006).
- Edgar Tafel: American architect (d. 2011).
- Paul Weston: Springfield, Massachusetts -- Orchestra leader (Jim Nabors Hour)
- Helen Hayes Theater opens at 238 W 44th Steet New York City.
- The Girl Guides (later renamed the Girl Scouts of the USA) are founded in Savannah, Georgia, in the United States, by Juliette Gordon Low.
- Captain Albert Berry performs first parachute jump from an airplane.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Canta Pe' Me (Neapolitan Song) - Enrico Caruso
- Home, Sweet Home - Alma Gluck
- Moonlight Bay - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?