Saturday 16 March 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1912 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Patricia Nixon [Thelma Catherine]: Ely, Nevada -- 1st lady (1968-74).
- Pierre Jeanpierre: French Army officer, who fought during World War II, the First Indochina War, the Suez Crisis and the Algerian War, where he was killed in action on 29 May 1958.
- Pat Nixon: American First Lady, wife of the 36th U.S.
- Sabicas : Spanish guitarist, considered a master of the guitar and promoter of the internationalization of flamenco.
- Pierre Dalem: Belgium sport Champion.
- Mrs William Howard Taft plants first cherry tree in Washington DC.
- Lawrence Oates, an ill member of Robert Falcon Scott's South Pole expedition, left the tent to die, saying: ''I am just going outside and may be some time.''
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Haunting Melody - Al Jolson
- The Picnic (Every Laddie Loves a Lassie) - Harry Lauder
- Wallflower Sweet - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?