Sunday 13 August 1995
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Waterfalls by TLC.
In UK Never Forget by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Mortal Kombat, directed by Paul Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1995!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1995 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 August
- Mickey Mantle: American baseball pitcher who, as a New York Yankee from 1950-1969, was at the core of the team that won 13 American League pennants and eight world championships.
- Jesse Thomas: Blues singer, dies at 84.
- Per-Jakez Helias: Writer / teacher, dies at 81.
- Jan Kresadlo: Czech writer (Born 1926).
- Rob Slater: American mountaineer (Born 1960).
- Alison Hargreaves: British mountaineer (Born 1963)
- 77th PGA Championship: Steve Elkington shoots a 267 at Riviera, California
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?