Monday 13 December 1915
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Over Night, directed by James Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1915 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Ross Mac: Los Gatos Writer.
- Mark Stevens: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actor (Big Town, Martin Kane).
- Ross MacDonald: Detective Novelist (Goodbye Look).
- Ross Macdonald: American-Canadian mystery writer who used the same chair for writing for three decades.
- Blathazar Vorster: South African Prime Minister, succeeded Verwoerd after his assassination in 9/1966.
- B Vorster: South African lawyer and politician 4th State President of South Africa (d. 1983)
- Curt Jurgens: German actor of over 100 films, but considered his greatest achievements on stage. Starting on screen and stage in Germany from 1935, he was making steady gains when he was deported to Hungary in 1944 for unspecified political reasons. He was a renowned international star by 1955 with his "The Devil's General" and became one of the busiest actors of all time, mainly staying in the Europeans countries. Jurgens wrote an autobiography, "Sixty and Not Yet Wise" in 1976.
- B J Vorster: Prime Minister of South Africa 1966-1978 (d. 1983)
- Curd Jurgens: German-born Austrian actor (d. 1982)
- Balthazar Johannes: Vorster Prime Minister of South Africa (1966-77).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?