Saturday 4 December 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Burlesque on Carmen, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1915 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Robert Irrmann: American professor of history, college archivist from 1953-1986.
- Allan Jackson: Hot Springs, Arkansas -- Newscaster (Youth Takes a Stand).
- Eddie Heywood: American pianist and composer (d. 1989).
- Gustav Hollaender composer: dies at age 60.
- Panama Pacific International Exposition opens
- Ku Klux Klan receives charter from Fulton County Georgia.
- F F Fletcher is first admiral to receive Congressional Medal of Honor.
- The Panama-Pacific International Exposition, held in San Francisco, California, closes. 19 million visitors attended the event.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1915 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- McKee's Orchestra - A Perfect Day
- When I Leave the World Behind - Henry Burr
- It's Tulip Time in Holland - Henry Burr
- We'll Build a Little Home in the U.S.A. - Irving Kaufman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 December 1915 and get them!