Wednesday 13 September 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Michael by The Highwaymen.
In UK Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton was in the top 5 hits.
The City of the Dead, directed by John Moxey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1961!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1961 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Fiona : Rock Singer.
- Dave Mustaine: American musician, formerly lead guitarist of the hard metal band Metallica and subsequently with the group Megadeth.
- Bobbie Cryner: American singer-songwriter.
- KK Null: Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist (Zeni Geva and Absolut Null Punkt).
- Peter Roskam: Republican Congressman from Illinois.
- Car 54 Where are You? premieres on TV
- Battles between UN and Katanga troops in Congo
- Unmanned Mercury-Atlas 4 launched into Earth orbit.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- The Jive Five - My True Story
- Timi Yuro - Hurt
- Ral Donner - You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It)
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- Barry Mann - Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- Adam Wade - As If I Didn't Know
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?