Monday 14 August 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rolling Stones, directed by Del Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1916 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Andrew Kay: Scottish physician, surgeon and regius professor of Surgery at the University of Glasgow from October 1964.
- Fumio Fujimura: Japanese baseball player and manager (d. 1992).
- Wellington Mara: Co-Owner of the New York Giants (d. 2005).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- They Made it Twice as Nice as Paradise (And They Called it Dixieland) - Geoffrey O'Hara
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?