Saturday 19 August 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rolling Stones, directed by Del Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 19 August 1916 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Intolerance: Love's Struggle Throughout the Ages
The Girl Who Wrecked His Home
Which were the important events of 19 August 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
See other famous people born on 19 August
Marie Wilson: Anaheim, California -- Actress (My Friend Irma).
Dennis Poore: English race car driver and businessman (d. 1987).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
America - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
Down Where the Swanne River Flows - Al Jolson
Simple Melody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker
The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1916?
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1129
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1128
- Science: Science vol. 44 issue 1127
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Alongside William Faulkner and John Updike, Booth Tarkington is one of just three authors to win the Pulitzer Prize more than once. Tarkington accomplished the feat with Alice Adams and The Magnificent Ambersons, dramas that explored the lives of fictional ...
This story, as I have put it down here, begins at Prescott, Arizona, in one of those far-western years that saw the passing of the Indian and the coming of the automobile.
This collection chronicles the fiction and non fiction classics by the greatest writers the world has ever known. The inclusion of both popular as well as overlooked pieces is pivotal to providing a broad and representative collection of classic works.
It was the sixth day of Mr. Direck's first visit to England, and he was at his acutest perception of differences. He found England in every way gratifying and satisfactory, and more of a contrast with things American than he ...
Tell the world why 19 August 1916 is such a special date for you!