Thursday 14 February 1963, Valentine's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zach Galligan in New York City and Jeff Dellenbach NFL center (New England Patriots.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Paula by Paul and Paula.
In UK Diamonds by Jet Harris & Tony Meehan was in the top 5 hits.
The Trial, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching Fernfahrer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1963!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1963 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Zach Galligan in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Gremlins).
- Jeff Dellenbach NFL center (New England Patriots: Green Bay Packers-Superbowl 31).
- John Marzano in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; catcher (Seattle Mariners).
- Enrico Colantoni: Canadian actor.
- John Marzano: American baseball player (Born 1963).
- US launches communications satellite Syncom 1.
- Harold Wilson becomes leader of Britain's opposition Labour Party, and could be within 18 months of becoming prime minister with a general election due in that time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 February 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- Dion - Ruby Baby
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Ned Miller - From A Jack To A King
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- The Miracles - You've Really Got A Hold On Me
- Johnny Thunder - Loop De Loop
- The Drifters - Up On The Roof
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?