Monday 14 January 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Le Cambrioleur insaisissable, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Crisis by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1901!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1901 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Carlos P Romulo: Philippine General / diplomat / jurist.
- Bebe Daniels: American actress, awarded the highest U.S.
- Jean Roche: French chemist and academician, who died in Paris on 24 May 1992.
- Alfred Tarski: Polish-American mathematician and philosopher (d. 1983).
- Mandell Creighton English bishop/historian: dies at age 57.
- Charles Hermite French mathematician (e is transcendent): dies at age 78.
- Victor Balaguer Catalaans historian/politician/author: dies at age 76.
- Bishop Mandell Creighton: English historian and ecclesiastic (Born 1843).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?