Tuesday 14 January 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Auction of Souls, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse by Vicente Blasco Ibanez was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1919 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Andy Rooney: American soldier journalist and television personality (d. 2011).
- Giulio Andreotti: Italian politician, prime minister seven times, high-ranking minister to most of Italy's 50-odd Cabinets since WW II, devout acquaintance of five Popes, and close acquaintance of American presidents from Eisenhower to Bush.
- John McGraw, Charles A Stoneham, and Judge McQuade buy New York Giants.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Prince's Orchestra
- Al Jolson - Tell That to the Marines
- They'll Be Mighty Proud in Dixie of Their Old Black Joe - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1919 and get them!