Thursday 14 January 1993
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
Alive, directed by Frank Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1993!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1993 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
Famous Birthdays:14 January
- Anna Christie opens at Criterion Theater NYC for 54 performances
- Polish ferry boat capsizes in storm, 50 die
- The Polish ferry M/S ''Jan Heweliusz'' sinks off the coast of Rügen in the Baltic Sea, killing 54 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember)
- Shanice - Saving Forever For You
- Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer
- Madonna - Deeper And Deeper
- Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
- Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
- Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
- PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
- Bobby Brown - Good Enough
- TLC - What About Your Friends
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1993 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?