Tuesday 19 January 1993
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
Alive, directed by Frank Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1993!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1993 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Elly Awesome: YouTube Star.
- Sarah Fisher: TV Actress.
- Dani Thorne: TV Actress.
- Hannah Snowdon: Tattoo Artist.
- John Bouvier Kennedy Schlossberg: Son of Caroline Kennedy.
- Chris Street: basketball player, dies at age 20.
- Kees Scherer: Dutch photographer (World Press Photo), dies at age 72.
- William LeMassena: Actor (All that Jazz), dies of lung cancer at 76.
- Reginald Lewis: American public figure, the son of Celtics basketball star Reggie Lewis, whose death led to years of litigation between his widow and insurance companies over whether his death was caused from a heart condition or drug abuse.
- STS-54 (Endeavour) lands
- Robert M Gates ends term as 15th director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
- Oakland Athletics unveil new elephant logo.
- Iraq refuses to allow UNSCOM inspectors to use its own aircraft to fly into Iraq, and begins military operations in the demilitarized zone between Iraq and Kuwait, and the northern Iraqi no-fly zones. U.S. forces fire approximately 40 Tomahawk cruise missiles at Baghdad factories linked to Iraq's illegal nuclear weapons program. Iraq then informs UNSCOM that it will be able to resume its flights.
- IBM announces a US$4.97 billion loss for 1992, the largest single-year corporate loss in United States history.
- Israel recognizes Palestinian Liberation Organization as no longer criminal.
- Czech Republic and Slovakia join the United Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peabo Bryson & Regina Bell - A Whole New World
- Boyz II Men - In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember)
- Shanice - Saving Forever For You
- Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer
- Madonna - Deeper And Deeper
- Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
- Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
- Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
- PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
- Bobby Brown - Good Enough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 January 1993 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?