Tuesday 18 October 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Listen, Darling, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1938 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Robert Dove: American lawyer and politician.
- Dawn Wells: American actress.
- Guy Roux: French football (soccer) player and manager, who played for French side AJ Auxerre (1952–1961) then managed AJ Auxerre for the remarkable period of more than forty years (1961–1962, 1964-2000, 2001, 2002-2005).
- Ronnie Bright: Rocker (Coasters).
- Karl J Kautsky: Austrian marxist / socialist.
- The German government expels 12,000 Polish Jews living in Germany the Polish government accepts 4,000 and refuses admittance to the remaining 8,000, who are forced to live in the no-man's land on the German-Polish frontier.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 October 1938 and get them!