Monday 17 October 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Listen, Darling, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Evel Knievel: American daredevil, a modern-day gladiator who does daring motorcycle stunts that have almost killed him many times.
- Marita Lindahl: Finnish model beauty queen and Miss World 1957.
- Les Murray: Australian anthologist poet and critic.
- Karl Kautsky: Czech-German journalist philosopher and theologian (d. 1938).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?