Tuesday 4 October 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kurt Wuthrich and Larry Prince.
Room Service, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1938 ?
- Kurt Wuthrich: Swiss chemist, Nobel laureate.
- Larry Prince: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of Genuine Parts, the largest nationwide distributor of auto replacement parts with over 6,000 stores.
- Kurt Wüthrich: Swiss chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Norman Wilson: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- The Republican forces in the Spanish Civil War begin withdrawing their foreign volunteers from combat as agreed on July 5.
- Edvard Beneš, president of Czechoslovakia, resigns.
- In Nazi Germany Jews’ passports were invalidated, and those who needed a passport for emigration purposes were given one marked with the letter J (Jude – Jew).ampref name=ampquotyadvashemampquotamp Nazi Germany and the Jews: 1938 – “The Fateful Year” on the Yad Vashem website
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?