Saturday 8 October 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Willis and Frederick S Stolle.
The Sisters, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1938 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- David Willis: British journalist (BBC World Service).
- Frederick S Stolle: Tennis champ (US Open-1966).
- Penny Pitou: United States -- Skier (1960 Olympics - 2 Silver Medals).
- Jacques Stockman: Belgium sport Champion.
- William Corlett: English author and playwright (d. 2005).
- Walter Gretzky: Canadian ice hockey coach and author
- Fred Stolle: Australian-American tennis player and sportscaster
- Bronislovas Lubys: Lithuanian businessman and politician Prime Minister of Lithuania (d. 2011)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?