Thursday 13 October 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim McMullan and Christiane Hörbiger.
Listen, Darling, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1938 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Jim McMullan: Long Beach, New York -- Actor (Dr McDaniel-Ben Casey).
- Christiane Hörbiger: Austrian actress.
- Ron Moeller: American baseball player, a pitcher, he played his first major league game on September 8, 1956 with the Baltimore Orioles.
- Hugo Young: English journalist and author (d. 2003).
- EC Segar: American cartoonist (Popeye) (Born 1894).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?