Friday 28 October 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1938 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Bernadette Lafont: French film actress and dancer.
- Keigo Abe: Japanese martial artist and coach.
- Kenneth Best: Liberian journalist founded The Daily Observer.
- Howard Blake: English composer and conductor.
- Dave Budd: American basketball player.
- Gary Cowan: Canadian golfer
- David Dimbleby: English television commentator
- Richard Gott: British General / Commandant of 8th Army, dies in battle at 43
- Anne Perry: English-born novelist
- Yves Bare: Belgium sport Champion
- Carla Van Raay: Dutch-born Australian nun, prostitute and author of an autobiography Her family emigrated to Australia when she was 12. At age 18 she entered a Catholic convent to escape an abusive life. She felt restricted by the rules and regulations, however, and opted out of convent life at age 35. Two partners and two daughters later, she became a prostitute, joining an escort agency and then branching out on her own as a high-class hooker for “businessman only.Her first book, written in 2004, is "God's Ca
- Jean-Claude Camus: French entertainment producer, the director of the Théâtre de la Porte Saint-Martin from 2001.
- Farewell parade of International Brigade (Barcelona)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?