Friday 28 October 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Camus and Bernadette Lafont.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1938 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Jean-Claude Camus: French entertainment producer, the director of the Théâtre de la Porte Saint-Martin from 2001.
- Bernadette Lafont: French film actress and dancer.
- Carla Van Raay: Dutch-born Australian nun, prostitute and author of an autobiography Her family emigrated to Australia when she was 12.
- Yves Bare: Belgium sport Champion.
- Keigo Abe: Japanese martial artist and coach.
- Kenneth Best: Liberian journalist founded The Daily Observer
- Howard Blake: English composer and conductor
- Dave Budd: American basketball player
- Gary Cowan: Canadian golfer
- David Dimbleby: English television commentator
- Richard Gott: British General / Commandant of 8th Army, dies in battle at 43
- Anne Perry: English-born novelist
- Farewell parade of International Brigade (Barcelona)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?