Sunday 14 October 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francesco Ambrosio and Karin Brandauer.
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1945 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Francesco Ambrosio: Italian millionaire, jailed for embezzlement March 1975.
- Karin Brandauer: Austrian film director and script writer, who made more than 40 TV films, often dealing the history of Austria in the 20th century and how Austria handled its past.
- Colin Hodgkinson: English bass player (Whitesnake and The Spencer Davis Group).
- Daan Jippes: Dutch author and illustrator.
- Lesley Joseph: English actress.
- Chicago Cardinals end a record 29-game losing streak, beat Chicago Bears.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- I'm Gonna Love That Guy - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- Harry James & His Orchestra - It's Been a Long, Long Time
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Bing Crosby & Les Paul
- It's Been A Long, Long Time - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- Dick Haymes - That's For Me
- Along the Navajo Trail - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?