Monday 8 October 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1945 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Strawberry Gatts: American adventurer and New Age multi-tasker.
- Jean-Louis Touraine: French medical teacher and politician, a member of the National Assembly of France who represents the Rhône department, and is a member of the Socialiste, radical, citoyen et divers gauche.
- John Betsch: American drummer.
- Roy Royer: Rock guitarist (Procol Harum).
- Roland Dersoir: French race horse jockey/ driver, and father of harness racer Jean-Loïc-Claude Dersoir.
- Truman announced atomic bomb secret shared with Britain and Canada
- US President Harry Truman announces atomic bomb secret shared with Britain and Canada.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra - Hong Kong Blues
- A Cottage For Sale - Billy Eckstine
- Judy Garland & Merry Macs - On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe
- Jimmy's Blues - Count Basie & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?