Thursday 18 October 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1945 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Y?ldo: Turkish footballer.
- Yıldo : Turkish footballer volleyball player actor and showman.
- Huell Howser: American television host and actor (d. 2013).
- Chris Shays: American politician.
- Norio Wakamoto: Japanese voice actor.
- Christopher Shays: (Rep-R-Connecticut)
- Nazi war crime trial opens in Nuremberg
- Paul Robeson wins Spingarn Medal for singing and acting achievements
- The USSR's nuclear program receives plans for the United States plutonium bomb from Klaus Fuchs at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Isaías Medina Angarita, president of Venezuela, is overthrown by a military coup.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Harry James & His Orchestra - It's Been a Long, Long Time
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Bing Crosby & Les Paul
- It's Been A Long, Long Time - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- That's For Me - Dick Haymes
- Along the Navajo Trail - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
- I'm Gonna Love That Guy - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 October 1945 and get them!