Thursday 25 October 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Norman Schramm and Joan Borysenko.
Vacation from Marriage, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1945 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- David Norman Schramm: Physicist.
- Joan Borysenko: American metaphysician and author; Borysenko trained as a medical scientist and psychologist but followed her vision to bring science, medicine, psychology and spirituality together in the service of healing.
- Peter Ledger: Australian-American painter and illustrator (d. 1994).
- Robert Ley: German Nazi leader (Born 1890).
- Japanese surrender Taiwan to General Chiang Kai-shek.
- The Republic of China takes over administration of Taiwan following Japan's surrender to the Allies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Buy That Dream - Hal McIntyre & His Orchestra
- Chickery Chick - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?