Saturday 27 October 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Vacation from Marriage, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1945 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Luiz Silva: Brazilian politician, a newly elected President in October 2002.
- Arild Andersen: Norwegian bassist and composer (Masqualero).
- Dick Dodd: American drummer and actor (The Bel-Airs The Standells and Eddie & the Showmen) (d. 2013).
- John Kane: Scotish / US miner / painter, dies at 73.
- Luiz da Silva: Brazilian union leader and politician 35th President of Brazil.
- Carrie Snodgress in Park Ridge: Illinois, USA; actress (Diary of Mad Housewife).
- Jean Guizerix: French ballet dancer and choreographer.
- Carrie Snodgress: American actress of stage, film and TV, she was nominated for an Oscar for best actress in "Diary of a Mad Housewife," 1970. Her career declined during her marriage to Neil Young but she returned to film in the early '80s with appearances in ten films up to 1994. She had one son, Zeke, by her marriage to Neil Young. Her son had cerebral palsy. After her divorce from Young, she married TV personality Dick Cavett. While waiting for a liver transplant, she died of heart failure on April 1, 2004 at
- Luis Inacio Lula da Silva: 35th President of Brazil
- Carib Song closes at Adelphi Theater NYC after 36 performances
- 1st edition of Elseviers Weekly newspaper (Elseviers Magazine)
- Indonesian separatists riot and fight Dutch and British security forces.
- Getúlio Vargas resigns as the president of Brazil.
- At Gimbels Department Store in New York City, the first ballpoint pens go on sale at $12.50 each.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - That's for Me
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 October 1945 and get them!