Friday 19 October 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmed Abel-Wadoud Karadawi and Patrick Simmons.
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1945 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ahmed Abel-Wadoud Karadawi: Academic / activist.
- Patrick Simmons: Rocker (Doobie Brothers).
- Jeannie C: Riley American country and gospel singer.
- Divine : American actor and singer, the Drag Queen of the Century, a 375 lbs.
- John Lithgow: American actor with a range versatile enough to cover drama and comedy.
- Angus Deaton: Scottish-American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Patricia Ireland: American attorney and feminist
- Gloria Jones: American singer-songwriter (T. Rex)
- Carol Kidd: Scottish singer
- Jeannie Riley: American singer
- Martin Welz: South African journalist
- Plutarco Elias Calles: President of Mexico (Born 1877).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- I'm Gonna Love That Guy - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- Harry James & His Orchestra - It's Been a Long, Long Time
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Bing Crosby & Les Paul
- Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra - It's Been A Long, Long Time
- Dick Haymes - That's For Me
- Along the Navajo Trail - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?