Monday 15 October 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Palmer in New York City and Jere Burns.
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1945 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jim Palmer in New York City: New York, USA; Baltimore Orioles' pitcher/sportscaster/jockey underwear salesman.
- Jere Burns: American actor.
- Antonio Llovera: Spanish cardinal.
- Neophyte of Bulgaria : Bulgarian patriarch.
- Jim Palmer: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Baseball Attendance hits record 10.28 million (Tigers 1.28 is highest)
- World War II: The former premier of Vichy France Pierre Laval is shot by a firing squad for treason.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- I'm Gonna Love That Guy - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- Harry James & His Orchestra - It's Been a Long, Long Time
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Bing Crosby & Les Paul
- It's Been A Long, Long Time - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- Dick Haymes - That's For Me
- Along the Navajo Trail - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?