Thursday 15 July 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kirt Manwaring and Scott Livingstone.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm Alive by The Hollies was in the top 5 hits.
Kwaidan, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1965 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Kirt Manwaring: Elmira, New York -- Catcher (SF Giants).
- Scott Livingstone: Dallas, Texas -- Infielder (SD Padres, Detroit Tigers).
- Eleftherios Fotiadis: Greek footballer.
- Alistair Carmichael: Scottish lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Scotland.
- Gero Miesenböck: Neuroscientist and Waynflette Professor at the University of Oxford.
- David Miliband: English politician Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs
- Francis Cherry: American politician (Born 1908).
- Mariner IV sends back 1st pictures of Mars
- Athanassiades Novas succeeds Papandreo as Premier of Greece
- The US House of Representatives passes the Coinage Act of 1965.
- US scientists display close-up photos of Mars from Mariner IV.
- Greek Prime minister George Papandreou and his government are dismissed by King Constantine II.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 July 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Ian Whitcomb - You Turn Me On (Turn On Song)
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?