Sunday 15 October 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shandor Garrison and Fred Hoiberg.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Ben by Michael Jackson.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Boot Hill, directed by Giuseppe Colizzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Colditz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1972 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Shandor Garrison: American independent filmmaker , he shot his first film, "No One’s a Mystery," entirely inside a truck.
- Fred Hoiberg: American basketball player: guard, Pacers.
- Karla Alvarez: Soap Opera Actress.
- Karla Álvarez: Mexican actress (d. 2013).
- Matt Keeslar: American actor.
- 61st Davis Cup: USA beats Romania in Bucharest (3-2)
- Omni in Atlanta opens - Hawks beat the New York Knicks 109-101
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- The O'Jays - Back Stabbers
- Hot Butter - Popcorn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?