Monday 15 September 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Filbinger and Henry Dreyfus Brant.
Hamlet, directed by Hay Plumb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1913 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Hans Filbinger: German politician (CDU).
- Henry Dreyfus Brant: Montreal, Quebec -- Composer (Great American Goot).
- Roger "Ram" Ramirez: Jazz pianist / composer.
- Roger Priouret: Le Puy Journalist.
- Henry Brant: Canadian-American composer and conductor (d. 2008).
- Bruno Hoffmann: German glass harp player (d. 1991)
- John Mitchell: American lieutenant lawyer and politician 67th United States Attorney General (d. 1988)
- Johannes Steinhoff: German fighter pilot & NATO commander (Born 1913)
- 1st US milch goat show held, Rochester, New York
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Every Lover Must Meet His Fate - Reed Miller
- Santa Lucia - Reed Miller
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?