Saturday 16 November 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Judy and Maurizio Margaglio.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Earthquake, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Soundstage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1974 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Eric Judy: American bassist (Modest Mouse).
- Maurizio Margaglio: Italian ice-skating world champion with his ice-dance partner Barbara Fusar Poli.
- Paul Scholes: British footballer.
- Hannah Waddingham: Stage Actress.
- Brooke Elliott: TV Actress.
- Walther Meissner: German physicist (Meissner Effect), dies at 91.
- 1st intentional interstellar radio message sent, Arecibo telescope towards M 41, a cluster of stars some 25,000 light years away
- Milwaukee Bucks lose their 11th straight NBA game (team record).
- The Arecibo radio telescope sends an interstellar radio message towards the M13 Great Globular Cluster. The message will reach its destination around the year 27,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?