Sunday 17 November 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abbygale Williamson Arenas and Brandon Call.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Murder on the Orient Express, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Soundstage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1974 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Abbygale Williamson Arenas: Miss Universe - Photogenic (Phil, 1997).
- Brandon Call: Actor (Baywatch, Blind Fury, Step by Step).
- Leslie Bibb: American actress.
- Eunice Barber: French-Sierra Leonean athlete, she won the gold medal in pentathlon at the 1999 World championship and the gold in long jump at the 2003 world championship, becoming the first French female athlete to jump over the limit of the 7m.
- Florence Cassez: French woman who was accused to belong to a kidnapping gang in Mexico (2005).
- Marc Edwards: American football player who last played in the NFL in 2005 for the Chicago Bears.
- Claudia Pandolfi: Italian actress, acclaimed from youth when she starred in the film, "Ovosodo,"
- Michael Johnston: Politician
- Berto Romero: Spanish comedian and actor
- Clive Brook: Actor / director (On Approval), dies at 87.
- Bonnie Bryant wins Bill Branch LPGA Golf Classic
- Union of Banana Exporting Countries (UPEB) forms
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- B.T. Express - Do It ('Til You're Satisfied)
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?