Wednesday 16 September 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Johansson and Little Littlefield.
Monkey Business, directed by Norman McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1931!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1931 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Jan Johansson: Composer.
- Little Littlefield: American R&B and boogie-woogie pianist and singer whose early recordings "formed a vital link between boogie-woogie and rock and roll.
- Jacques Hucliez: Metz EXecutives.
- K Arulpragasam: Sri Lankan zoologist and academic (d. 2003).
- Blimp is moored to Empire State Building (NYC)
- St. Louis Cardinals repeat as NL champions with a 6-3 win over Phillies
- Hanging of Omar Mukhtar.
- Japan stages the Mukden Incident as a pretext to occupy Manchuria.
- Geli Raubal commits suicide in Adolf Hitler's apartment.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?