Thursday 17 August 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene F Kranz and Tom Courtney.
Dinner at Eight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1933 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Eugene F Kranz: American NASA executive.
- Tom Courtney: American runner athlete, winner of two gold medals in 800 meter and 1600 meter relay at the 1956 Summer Olympics.
- Glenn Corbett: US actor (Shenandoah, Chisum, Midway), dies at age 63.
- Mark Dinning: American singer (Born 1933).
- Gene Kranz: American lieutenant.
- Soviet Union test GIRD-R1 rocket (Object 09)
- Lou Gehrig breaks record by playing in his 1,308th straight baseball game.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 August 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?