Thursday 17 August 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene F Kranz and Tom Courtney.
Dinner at Eight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1933 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Eugene F Kranz: American NASA executive.
- Tom Courtney: American runner athlete, winner of two gold medals in 800 meter and 1600 meter relay at the 1956 Summer Olympics.
- Glenn Corbett: US actor (Shenandoah, Chisum, Midway), dies at age 63.
- Mark Dinning: American singer (Born 1933).
- Gene Kranz: American lieutenant.
- Soviet Union test GIRD-R1 rocket (Object 09)
- Lou Gehrig breaks record by playing in his 1,308th straight baseball game.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?