Thursday 17 August 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dinner at Eight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1933 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Tom Courtney: American runner athlete, winner of two gold medals in 800 meter and 1600 meter relay at the 1956 Summer Olympics.
- Glenn Corbett: US actor (Shenandoah, Chisum, Midway), dies at age 63.
- Mark Dinning: American singer (Born 1933).
- Gene Kranz: American lieutenant.
- Eugene F Kranz: American NASA executive.
- Soviet Union test GIRD-R1 rocket (Object 09)
- Lou Gehrig breaks record by playing in his 1,308th straight baseball game.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?