Friday 17 January 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Benyon and Robert Ceely.
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1930 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Bill Benyon: English large landowner / Conservative Lower house leader.
- Robert Ceely: Composer.
- Thomas P Stafford in Oklahoma: USA; astronaut (Gemini 6, Gemini 9, Apollo 10).
- Colette Ripert: France Actor.
- Eddie LeBaron: American football player manager and sportscaster (d. 2015).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 January 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?