Friday 17 January 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1930 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Colette Ripert: France Actor.
- Thomas P Stafford in Oklahoma: USA; astronaut (Gemini 6, Gemini 9, Apollo 10).
- Bill Benyon: English large landowner / Conservative Lower house leader.
- Robert Ceely: Composer.
- Eddie LeBaron: American football player manager and sportscaster (d. 2015).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 January 1930 and get them!