Thursday 17 June 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Le printemps - Épisode 4: Les jeux et les ris - Floréal, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1909 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Régine Pernoud: French historian, medievalist, known for writing extensively about Joan of Arc.
- Ralph E Winters: Canadian film editor (d. 2004).
- Andr? Varay: Annecy physician.
- Elmer Lee Andersen: Governor of Minnesota (d. 2004).
- Pierre Chevigné: French resistance fighter, a colonel in World War II, and later a politician, who was a Minister of Defence in the Fourth Republic.
- Henri Lemoine: France sport Champion
- R?gine Pernoud: Ch?teau-Chinon EXecutives
- Elmer Andersen: American businessman and politician 30th Governor of Minnesota (d. 2004)
- Ralph Winters: Canadian-American film editor (d. 2004)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?