Friday 17 June 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Rosenthal and Susie Cox.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1949 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Helen Rosenthal: British teacher / health administrator.
- Susie Cox: American astrologer, a teacher and writer, the editor and publisher of the International Arc Directory.
- Carey Peck: American banker and noted family, the son of actor Gregory Peck and wife Greta Konen.
- Snakefinger : English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Residents and Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers) (d. 1987).
- John Craven: English economist and academic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Room Full Of Roses - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Frank Sinatra - Some Enchanted Evening
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- The Hucklebuck - Frank Sinatra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?