Thursday 17 October 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1918 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Rita Hayworth: American actress who was one of the most famous pin-up girls of WW II.
- Ralph Wilson: American businessman founded the Buffalo Bills (d. 2014).
- De Kooy airport in the Netherlands opens
- Yugoslavia proclaims itself a republic.
- First use of American Code Talkers in World War I, by members of the Choctaq tribe in radio communications.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?