Monday 18 March 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1968 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Miguel Herrera: Coach.
- Pat Terrell NFL strong safety (Carolina Panthers: Green Bay Packers).
- Joseph Ouellet: hockey forward (Team France 1998).
- Marine Delterme: French actress, painter and sculptor.
- Christophe Pinna: French athlete, seven times the French Karate Champion, five times European Champion and winner of the World Cup and World Championship in 1995.
- Eudes: duc d'Angouleme, French prince
- Paul Marsden: English businessman and politician
- Shin-ichiro Miki: Japanese voice actor
- Manuel Gomez Carillo: Composer, dies at 85.
- Congress repeals requirement for a gold reserve
- WVER TV channel 28 in Rutland, VT (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WVTA TV channel 41 in Windsor, VT (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Gold standard: The U.S. Congress repeals the requirement for a gold reserve to back US currency.
- Gold standard: The Congress of the United States repeals the requirement for a gold reserve to back U.S. currency.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?